Tendering & Literary Support
Writing, reviewing, editing and proofing:
- major tenders / quotes / funding submissions
- internal / external presentations
- staff & client newsletters
- marketing material
- web sites (content only)
- commercial arrangements
- human resources, including training programs
- strategic & business plans
- policy development
- media releases
- international English translations
- academic papers, e.g. assignments, theses, reports
- other corporate documentation.
Correction & Detention Services
JSP & Associates offers Governments, Ministers and their Agencies/Authorities, Contract Providers/Potential Service Bidders and Consultants, specialist advice in terms of:
- Developing competitive tendering projects on behalf of the Public Sector, including benchmarking and KPIs
- Preparing/coordinating tender submissions and responses by the Private Sector
- Managing the PPP arrangements within Government protocols
- Recommending consortium structures and relationships
- Delivering commercially viable contractual arrangements with guaranteed performance outcomes
- Implementing appropriate project management
- Providing contract management, including protocols, probity & risk management
- Evaluating electronic monitoring alternatives/adjunct to incarceration
- Developing business plans/cases and operational/financial modelling
- Preparing media releases, newsletters & research/information papers.
- JSP’s Principal, Jim Planincic, has been involved in major activities associated with Correctional and Detention Services, viz.: Correctional Institutions, Prisoner Escorts, Hospital & Court Security and Illegal Immigrant Detention Centres, on behalf of the public and private sectors since 1986, including:
- Researched and compiled two papers submitted to Mr Jim Kennedy as the Commissioner of Review into Correctional Services in Queensland. The first paper related to the most cost effective recruitment for the simultaneous opening of three new prisons in Queensland. It was quoted significantly in Mr Kennedy’s Final 1986 Report and offered considerable savings to the Government. The second related to private enterprise’s direct management involvement in correctional services, a significant change for any government in Australia.
- Instrumentally involved in establishing the Corrections Corporation of Australia (CCA) consortium (at the time comprised Wormald Security, Corrections Corporation of America and John Holland Constructions). The consortium prepared the winning bid for the Borallon Correctional Centre, in Queensland, during 1988, the first privately managed prison outside of the USA. Subsequently managed the recruitment, induction training, industrial relations and management of the initial 120 Correctional Officers engaged in the facility, as Queensland Manager for Wormald Security (subsequently Chubb Security).
- Provided specialist consulting and tendering input into CCA’s winning bid for the first Victorian Private Prisoner Escort and Hospital Security Services in 1992. Project led and won the first New Zealand Private Prisoner Transport and Court Room Security Services contract as General Manager for Chubb Security NZ in 1998.
- As Regional General Manager for Eurest Support Services (ESS) submitted EOI in 2002, in conjunction with Chubb Security for all Australian Immigration Detention Centres. This bid was unsuccessful, but subsequently assisted in combining the resources of ESS (catering) and Chubb (security) to successfully bid for the Nauru Detention Centre contract.
We have the expertise to advise and support in terms of generalist:
- Providing advisory, support and feedback services to management and their teams in relation to a range of pragmatic business issues
- Coaching and mentoring of current and potential management/supervisory personnel
- Developing appropriate or reviewing existing policies and procedures
- Providing recruitment and selection advice and support
- Reviewing induction and management training and development support services
- Guiding the establishment of salary and wage administration models
- Leading organisational change intervention initiatives, incorporating people and process issues
- Offering base guidance in terms of Employment Relations advice.
JSP’s Principal, Jim Planincic, has had extensive experience in the human resources field over some 35 years of corporate experience. His Bachelor of Business (Management) degree specialised in Human Resources, moreover he has led HR and IR issues over the last three decades within several highly unionised environments and managed them extremely effectively. He has been a member of the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) for in excess of 30 years.
A quick snapshot of some of his activities include:
- Led electronic and guarding security businesses in Queensland / Northern Territory, NSW and New Zealand, with up to 1,500 employees. Security officers, in particular, were highly unionised and negotiations on wage rates and conditions were intense, however, all resolved successfully.
- Managed major industrial relations negotiations leading to the introduction of security patrolling operations being ‘franchised / licensed’, which successfully achieved increased profitability and client responsiveness as a result of its SME re-structure.
- Instrumentally involved in establishing the consortium, Corrections Corporation of Australia (CCA), which successfully tendered for the first private prison outside of the USA. Negotiated a ‘Greenfield’ agreement with the union which was a forerunner for more flexible and productive wages and conditions in the new private sector prison operations.
- Managed catering, cleaning, accommodation and facility management operations in Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory and PNG for remote resource site locations (both on-shore & off-shore) and metropolitan/ regional canteens and cafeterias. Most recently associated with catering for Aged Care Homes. These roles involved a series of EBA negotiations, including ‘helicopter diplomacy’ between offshore gas platforms. Issues such as harassment, discrimination, unfair dismissals, wage rises, OH&S, employee communication, etc. were daily operational matters resolved effectively.
- Managed the post-acquisition operational and cultural integration of two previously “robustly” competing international catering/facility management businesses.
- Consulted with the Queensland Government regarding Industrial Relations policies and strategies in the volatile 1980’s whilst also being a Director of the then Queensland Confederation of Industry.
Value Add Services
Other value added business support services that JSP offers include:
- Conducting security and risk management audits and formulating recommendations
- Providing financial support services, including accounting and book keeping
- Developing financial and site cost modelling
- Analysing and reviewing commercial and legal documents
- Providing business mentoring services
- Developing business improvement processes
- Delivering temporary / relief management services (Interim Management, refer below)
- Evaluating potential Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), including financial, commercial, operational, human resource, legal and marketing due diligence
- Conducting post-acquisition integration services, including cultural change management
- Negotiating Joint Ventures and Consortia
JSP’S Principal, Jim Planincic, has:
- Facilitated mergers, acquisitions & divestitures, joint ventures and consortiums in the following countries: Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Thailand, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, Cambodia, Macau, Vietnam, Taiwan and Fiji.
- In regard to these acquisition activities performed:
- Initial negotiations & base information receipt
- Financial modelling and initial indicative non-binding bid
- Due diligence on all aspects, including finance, legal, operations, human resources, OHS&E, marketing
- Final financial modelling and negotiating Board approved final price
- Negotiating the Sale and Purchase Agreement
- Planning and implementing post-acquisition strategies
- Managed the post-acquisition operational and cultural integration of two previously “robustly” competing international catering/facility management businesses, increasing their turnover within 3 years from A$80M to A$150M
- Developed business growth and/or start-up strategies for China, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, Cambodia and New Zealand for a multi-national company
- Structured a successful strategy for the entry into the security business by a multi-national corporation as a “value-add” to its existing Australian operations
- Instrumentally involved in establishing the consortium, Corrections Corporation of Australia (CCA), which successfully tendered for the first private prison outside of the USA
- Established and/or managed a number of Joint Venture operations in WA, with the Indigenous communities, and moreover in PNG, with Landowner companies
- Led electronic and personnel security businesses in Queensland / Northern Territory, NSW and New Zealand, with up to 1,500 employees
- Managed catering, cleaning, accommodation and facility management operations in Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory and PNG for remote resource site locations (both on-shore & off-shore) and metropolitan / regional canteens, cafeterias. Most recently associated with the Aged Care Sector
- Prepared and delivered extensive consultancy reports on the security operations and procedures for highly sensitive State Government/Police facilities in NSW and Queensland and a new hospital in QLD
- Initiated and spearheaded building of first Grade 1 security alarm monitoring facility in New Zealand.